1. A body of water, smaller than a river, contained within relatively narrow banks?
2. What the thing you push around the grocery store/supermarket?
A shopping trolly. They have wee fold-out bits to put babies in.
3. A metal container to carry a meal in?
a lunch box.
4. The thing that you cook bacon and eggs in?
A frying pan.
5. The piece of furniture that seats three people?
6. The device on the outside of the house that carries rain off the roof?
7. The covered area outside a house where people sit in the evening?
A porch. Or in our house, a conservatory, as it's completely glassed in.
8. Carbonated, sweetened, non-alcoholic beverages?
9. A flat, round breakfast food served with syrup?
10. A long sandwich designed to be a whole meal in itself?
A filled roll. Unless you're part of an American Uber-Company franchise.
11. The piece of clothing worn by men at the beach?
12. Shoes worn for sports?
13. Putting a room in order?
The only recourse left is demolition, I'm afraid. That or tidying up.
14. A flying insect that glows in the dark?
A flaming sheep shot from a catapult.
Oh, an *insect* Well, then. A firefly, I guess. We don't have them here.
15. The little insect arthropod that curls up into a ball?
16. The children's playground equipment where one kid sits on one side and goes up while the other sits on the other side and goes down?
17. How do you eat your pizza?
With my mouth. I'm weird like that.
18. What's it called when private citizens put up signs and sell their used stuff?
A garage sale, perhaps?
19. What's the evening meal?
Tea. (Or if I'm trying not to confuse the Americans on IRC, din dins)
20. The thing under a house where the furnace and perhaps a rec room are?
"Under the house". What we have is barely a crawl space. Last time I went under there I put my hand on a dead hedgehog, so I avoid it.
21. That plant that kids throw at each other because it sticks to clothing?
I never did that... Can't remember the name of it.
22. Those little balls of froth on plants in spring, which contain some moth or other's eggs?
Never seen that...
23. Girls' lower-half underwear?
24. Boys' lower-half underwear?
24. The cloth you had when you were little and always slept with, and perhaps sucked your tongue with?
I was well adjusted, thank you very much...
25. Warm knitted top typically made of wool?
26. Baked in an oven, made of flour, butter, an egg, milk:
I'm presuming this means "scones", or the way I make them "rocks".
27. A single thistledown seed flying free.
And now some more I decided to add :P
28. The openy front bit of a car.
29. The openy back bit of a car.
30. The room containing the porcelain sanitation device.
Loo or toilet