An open letter to the people who I seem to inevitably end up driving behind on my way to and from work:
- The world is not your ashtray.
- It takes more muscles to wind down the window, chuck the cigarette butt out, and then wind the window up, than it does to flip open the ash tray which you will probably find somewhere on your dashboard.
- Throwing your cigarette butt out of the car window can start forest fires.
- Throwing anything out of the car window is littering. Please don't.
- You do not know how tempted I am to carry a spray can of something yucky in my car, so when you throw your cigarette butt out of the window, I can retaliate by spraying a nice line down the side of your car as I drive past.